Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Start at your NOW point



A few days ago I made a discovery. This discovery happened to be a discovery about my cell phone. I never realized this before but my cell phone is able to give voice by voice directions when I am driving. It has a navigational system that is equipped for the car. It’s been kind of like a new toy for me ever since I made the discovery. I used it yesterday so that I would be able to find this restaurant that I was driving to. The reason for the drive to the restaurant was because of my mother’s birthday which will be on the 15th of this month (we were celebrating early). As we drove because I’d just made the discovery about the navigational system in my phone allowed it to give me directions to the restaurant. When my phone told me to make a turn on a particular street my father (who was sitting next to me) told me that if I did that I would be taking the long way so I should just go straight. I totally disregarded the phone and I kept on going straight. My mother then asked me if that would make the phone mad seeing as I totally disregarded its directions. I knew she was joking but I decided to play along. I told her that the phone wouldn’t get mad because I disregarded it, it would just reroute itself from the position that I was at and do it’s best to direct me from there. At that moment, when I made that comment I gained a true realization which I would like to share today.
______________________________________________
Imagine if people thought as my phone’s navigational system did. It seems that when people find themselves in a situation which seems different then what the expected they cling on to what things "should" have been like. But just imagine if people did just as the phone did, when I disregarded the phones directions all it did was start itself over from the point which I found myself in and started giving directions from there. The phone didn’t try and figure out what went wrong or why I hadn’t listened to it. The phone didn’t try and my some type of reason or meaning out of the situation which it found itself in it just simply looked at the place that it was found itself in, accepted that it was in that place and then looked towards going forward so that it would come give directions to the destination that I was trying to give directions to. I’ve always said that everything happens in a life for a reason but it may not always be a reason which can be put in a way for the brain to decipher. It may not be a reason which can be written about in a diary or a book and it may not be a reason that could even be verbalize in any content. It may be something deeper and it may be something which really gives no reason to ponder on ay all. What difference does it make that you arrived at the point in life which you are at? At this point that very point is the only point that matters so why not start there? Why not start at the point you’re at now and move towards where you want to go? Why do we punish ourselves with regretful feelings? Why do we haunt ourselves with painful memories which simply don’t serve us in the now? Why do we try to make up for something that is lost, why do we try to compensate for something that is not yet born (the future). If you want to be a better person then start from where you’re at now and with the knowledge that you now have to become that better person. If you strive for a better life then first accept the life that you have now. Accept it with open arms and then do what you need to do from the point which you are at to move forward. There really isn’t much more to it, if you find yourself in a bad relationship, in a bad job situation which really isn’t serving your higher self, a bad living or financial situation then why dwell on the reasons which put you there?
Why not look at the point which you are at and start from there? Each minute of the now is new and real, each past minute is old and not real. Concentrate on the real (the now) and move from there. Stop allowing your brain and ego to drive you crazy because you are trying to figure out why you came to the point which you’re at now. Stop trying to figure out why you are feeling like you are. If you are feeling bad that means you are NOW in a bad place and you need to accept that so you can move to a better place. All of the answers you need to all of the questions you ask are actually in the questions which you ask. There really isn’t anything else to figure out here, it is time to do as my navigational system does on my phone and move forward from the point you find yourself at now (if you need to reroute from that point, simply reroute). I heard something on the radio which was meant to be an advertisement for a show which I will probably never watch but in that very advertisement I heard a very enlightening message. It said, "It seems that we spend all of our life trying to figure out how to live and now it is about time for us to stop trying to figure out how to live this life so that we may actually begin living it." So do as that message says and stop trying to figure this life out. If you keep that up, the next thing you know you will be on your death bed still trying to figure this life out. Do what you enjoy and just "BE" around those who you enjoy. Simply live this life for enjoyment and if you know you want to be somewhere within your life start from this now point and begin, move forward from where you are NOW and stop worrying about how you got there or even where you were before.
______________________________________________
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment